We are looking for new and experiences resources in the field of dispute prevention and resolution in organizations and workplace harassment and violence investigators.
A special invitation is extended to women, visible minorities, people with disabilities, Indigenous Peoples, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
Both positions to be filled can accommodate your preference, whether part time (22.5 hours per week) or full-time (37.5 hours per week).
Work is primarily conducted remotely with in-person meetings every quarter, and as needed, with select clients in the Québec-Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto corridor.
Founded in 2013, NewLeaf Performance combines social science and managerial science to optimize the performance and workplace wellbeing of our clients through business consultation services.
When organizations experience incidents that impact employees’ right to work in a healthy environment free of conflict, violence, harassment, intimidation and discrimination, the NewLeaf team offers recognized conflict management services deployed according to protocols crafted to effectively respond to what is encountered in the workplace.
In recent years, our services in the area of organizational dispute prevention and resolution, including workplace investigations, have grown in scope.
That is when the NewLeaf Ingestion+ (NLI+) business line took shape.
This is a testament to our work culture where listening to employees is paramount. NewLeaf goes where they feel inspired and engaged as part of a shared business vision.
To learn more about our firm and our team, please click here.
NewLeaf is looking to fill at least two consultant positions: one immediately and one within the subsequent six months.
The consultant will be responsible for:
- Managing their portfolio of diversified mandates in dispute prevention and resolution in an autonomous, professional and rigorous manner.
- Offering consulting services adapted to the consulting firm’s clientele based on the distinct normative frameworks for federal and provincial jurisdictions, the presence of multiple stakeholders and their business vocations (social, profit, public).
- Conducting prevention-focused interventions, including the design of dispute management systems, audits of key diversity and inclusion programs, and workplace health and wellness, and the provision of civility and respect training.
- Conducting resolution-oriented interventions, including facilitating difficult conversations, workplace mediation, a fact-finding mission, and formal administrative investigations into misconduct, and harassment and violence.
- Supporting large-scale projects involving several interdisciplinary experts, including workplace risk assessments, and workplace assessment.
- Participate on an ongoing basis in administrative and business development activities on behalf of NLI+.
- Impeccable communication skills in both French and English, oral and written form, is essential.
- Canadian citizenship or Canadian permanent residency is essential.
- Holding a Government of Canada Secret security clearance is essential (upon hiring).
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: law, industrial relations, psychology, management or a degree deemed equivalent.
- Holding a graduate degree in dispute prevention and resolution is an asset.
- Being a member in good standing of a pertinent Canadian professional association is an asset.
- Have completed a certification training for workplace investigators recognized by a Canadian professional association is essential.
- At least three (3) years of work experience as an internal or external advisor for a position deemed similar in the areas of human resources management, labour relations, or labour law.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in conducting administrative workplace investigations for allegations of misconduct, harassment and violence, and discrimination.
- Minimum experience conducting three (3) administrative investigations in the last five (5) years.
- Experience applying federal and provincial labour law legislation and regulations.
- High capacity to autonomously manage their schedule and a high workload.
- Rigour, strong sense of organization based on priorities, and attention to detail.
- Work ethic aligned with a demanding and rewarding work environment.
- Professional, diplomatic and discreet.
- High attention to detail in the delivery of services and interactions with clients.
- Ease with teleworking and frequent virtual meetings.
- Valid driver’s license (for travel).
- Mastery of office software such as Microsoft 365 (SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel), Adobe Acrobat, Zoom.
- Mastery of legal research software such as Lexis Nexis Quick Law, SOQUIJ, CanLii.
- Indeterminate full-time employment, at 37.5 hours per week or on a part-time basis, at 22.5 hours per week.
- Salary to be discussed depending on the candidate’s experience, the entry position is $ 90,000.00 per year.
- Flexible hours (depending on firm’s hours): Monday to Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (may vary depending on candidate’s other obligations).
- Mandatory teleworking with reimbursement of monthly office expenses incurred.
- Access to the firm’s internal network, Microsoft 365 suite.
- Qualification on national master standing offers.
Tools and Benefits.
NewLeaf offers employment benefits that are above industry average, including a competitive salary with possibility of an annual bonus, vacation arrangements that exceed labour standards, the possibility of signing on to a group insurance plan and receiving an employer contribution to your RRSP, payment of annual dues to your professional association, financial support for continuing education, flexible work hours and at your remote work location.
Application and Selection Process.
- Your application package should include:
- two letters of reference from employers, a cover letter and your curriculum vitae.
- Interested candidates should send their application file in PDF to Ms. Virginie B. Locas at [email protected].
- Please indicate in the email subject line: “CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – PRD.”
- Important Dates:
- Deadline to apply: April 28, 2023.
- Expected hiring date: May 22, 2023.